An Unordered List of Thoughts I Had During a Conference Call with a Potential Client Today:
– There’s no way in hell this is going to be under thirty minutes. Why are you lying to me? It’s not possible. You know it’s not possible. You are a liar, sir.
– God, I wish I’d been paying attention in college when they went over the definition of “synergistic” in English and “how to leverage it” in Business… Oh yeah, I didn’t go to college. That’s probably why I use regular words and thoughts to describe how I want to create a product and then make money on it. And why I know you can’t “leverage” anything, given that it’s a noun.
– IF YOU SAY “Drink the Kool-Aid” ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME, I’M GOING TO BURST THROUGH THE WALL AT YOUR OFFICE, KILL YOU IN A VERY UNSIGHTLY AND BLOODY WAY, AND THEN SCREAM “Oh, YEAH!”
– Facebook isn’t the internet, dipshit.
– You want four million users by DECEMBER?? You have four hundred active licenses for your product currently! Nothing – and I mean NOTHING – is going to add four zeros to the end of that number in three months short of hiring Arthur Anderson to handle the bookkeeping…
Full piece here at The Journal of Joe the Peacock. Yay.
Hat tip to Claire Doyle at Red Beret Design.
Leave a Reply